Say good morning to our new pet!
We had to walk from the boat to the bus that would take us into town.
The Malaga Cathedral was first on my list of sites to see.
After all the cathedrals I have been in here in Europe, I am still in awe everytime I enter one and experience the grandeur of the ceilings and the decor.
We could not use the flash inside, so this was my weak attempt to capture the carved figures all along the organ pipes.
I thought this was pretty interesting. Need to light a candle anyone?
Lincoln got a little restless, so Bruce had to start getting creative in his entertainment. Who needs a mop and a broom when you have a Lincoln?
After visiting the Malaga Cathedral, we meandered through the streets and found The House of Picasso. I really enjoyed seeing some of his less famous works of art. No cameras were allowed inside the museum, hence no pictures posted on the blog. The House was very modern in style. It fit Picasso well. In the basement of the house there were excavated ruins from ancient times. It was a fascinating combination.
The ancient theatre was under renovations, so I captured this picture above the fenced off area.
Lincoln was exhausted! He fell asleep mid bite as he snacked on his cheerios.
sculpture in the plaza
Sculptures that greeted us as we walked out of the port gates
After Lincoln fell asleep, we definetly got our workout for the day! We trekked through the Alameda Principal and headed over to the Bullring.
The bullring was closed for the afternoon siesta, so we grabbed a bite to eat and headed for the beach to kill time.

All along the beach are playgrounds for the kids to play on. We had a hard time convincing Lincoln that it was time to leave.
Malaga's Bullring was still closed when we went back for our visit. It wasn't to open until 5, and we didn't want to wait for another hour. Sorry Bruce! It was the one thing that he wanted to do.
We walked back through the Alameda Principal, which is a busy thoroughfare on the sea. There are many beautiful fountains and plants to see as you stroll through. We headed back to the ship after buying our ornament souvenier and just relaxed. I was still under the weather from the day before and Lincoln was crabby. We definitely weren't as diehard tourists as we were in the beginning!
We got a fun little visit from this sea creature after dinner!
This sea creature decided to pay us a vist as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment