We had quite an adventure to start Spring Break off. I took Allen to activity days on April 7 and felt all right. By 10:00pm I was not feeling so great and by 1:00am I told Bruce we needed to go to the hospital. Our neighbor Maria came over and slept on the couch and we went and checked in the hospital. I stayed in the hospital for Thursday and begged them to send me home on Friday. I insisted on getting out when they told me that they wanted to keep me until Sunday. The Germans are a little too cautious sometimes. I was given 2 rounds of antibiotics through an IV, then put on a 10 day course.
Bruce came and picked me up from the hospital and we up and drove to Italy to visit our good friends the Gage's.
It took us a little longer to travel due to frequent potty stops and a detour on a toll road, but we made it! Driving through the Dolomite's was beautiful and the sunset was not done justice through the lens of the camera. Brandon and Katie live in Vicenza. We stayed up talking for a long time. We had a lot to catch up on, as we had not seen each other since October. But through the talking we decided that we would spend our Saturday in Venice.
We drove down to Venice, parked in the garage, and hopped on a water bus to get to San Marco Square.
We ate lunch in a small cafe and decided that San Marco square was a bit too crowded for our liking. Bruce and Brandon figured once you have lived in Europe for awhile, another castle and cathedral just isn't so impressive. With me recovering and Katie 6 months pregnant, we needed a slower pace. We ventured on over to Murano to spend our time instead.
Brandon and Katie
The first thing that the boys do when they get a chance is wrestle. It doesn't matter that it is on a sidewalk in Murano. They just have fun.
Murano is known for its glass. We found a shop that held glass blowing demonstrations. It was absolutely amazing watching this man work the glass and turning it into a horse in less than 5 minutes. I will try to upload the video at the end. Incredible.
Brandon and Haylee by the waterfront
Bruce and Brandon weren't so keen on the shopping and the kids concurred. Luckily, we found a park and the guys volunteered to stay with the kids while the ladies went shopping. I found some cute glass fish to turn into ornaments for us all and then Katie and I both bought glass beads and made necklaces and earrings the next day.
Bruce found another door! WE are going to have to make a book called DOORS 2! I made him a book of doors for Valentines day. I guess the collection is never complete.
Gideon, Allen and Lincoln on the dock
Serious
And Silly
We drove back to the Gage's house and got some delicious take out, then promptly put everyone to bed. We went to church the next day. The little branch was very fun to experience. There were about 15-20 people in attendance. It was a remarkable contrast to our home ward in Grafenwohr. After church was nap time. The boys played in the yard a little and enjoyed watching the neighbors chickens. We ate a yummy dinner, then Katie made brownies in honor of Bruce's birthday. Happy Brithday honey! Then Katie and I stayed up making jewelry while the boys and husbands and Haylee watched Planet Earth.
The next morning we packed up and took time at the park before heading out. We love the Gage family and miss them a lot. You guys need to come join us in the states! Our door is open anytime!
There's nothing like having little boys. The only thing that Bruce was unaware of was the steep drop off on the other side!
No comments:
Post a Comment