Jun 19, 2011
Our home
Sometimes on the day to day operation of our home I feel frustrated that the wheels of change are moving slow. Then I get the pictorial reminder that it wasn't that long ago that I would look outside and not see a single tree. I can complain that we don't have grass in or let alone a watering system, or I can rejoice that now we have 18 trees that will start to bring shade and a creek bed that helps with drainage and beings beauty in the yard.
I also need to remember that it wasn't that long ago that I was trapped in a world of beige. Then I got ambitious and painted the kitchen red. It has made me so happy to be around a very vibrant color.
My next project is either painting my brown ceiling white or to start redecorating Gideon and Lincoln's room. I am learning patience, that projects take longer than you realize, and that with this house especially, projects will be never ending. I just need to stop and enjoy the journey instead of anticipating the final destination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment