Aug 9, 2009

Our Journey Home from the States

We have some catching up to do! Our Journey back to Germany was an adventure! My parents flew back with me, and what a trip! We flew from Hill Air Force Base to McChord, then over to Dover without a problem. We then took a taxi to McGuire Air Force Base in hopes to catch a flight to Ramstein Germany. I could have got on the first flight out, but I did not want to leave my parents. We spent the night and then insisted the next day that we get on the next flight. Leaving them was very hard. For awhile I was not sure if we were going to get off the ground. We were shuttled back and forth between the terminal and the plane several times, then once we got on the plane we sat for an hour before they took us back to the terminal and delayed the flight for another hour. It was very difficult to go through, but ended up being for the best. WE left about 1:00 am, so all my boys slept the whole way! I got some sleep too, so driving home once we landed was not hard. My parents did make it out after spending more time in the terminal and finally buying commercial flights from JFK to Nurnberg. I was so happy to see them again! And happy to share our life in Germany with them.

1 comment:

Sally said...

You were here? I'm so sad I missed you. Then again, I'd rather come to Germany. I love reading your blog and all the fun things you are doing there!!