Aug 9, 2009

Welcome Home Bruce!

Allen hard at work making daddy's brownie cake

Katie and Haylie Gage waiting anxiously for the welcome home ceremony

There he is!

Daddy is finally home! Katie Gage and I drove the 3 hours to Landstuhl for the welcome home ceremony. We just couldn't wait to see our men! Katie and I were both jittery and when they walked into the auditorium, there was no holding back the tears. There were lots of hugs and kisses and tears! Then we had to pile in the car and drive three hours home. WE finally made it home at 1:30 am. The next morning when Allen woke up, he knocked on the door and said, "Is Dad in there with you?" I did not tell the boys that Bruce was coming home that morning. All they knew was that they had one more link on their Daddy Chain. All three of them clamored for Bruce's attention all morning. They love him so much.
It amazes me how one day can change your whole life. I am still wondering if it is all happening! It will take some getting used to, but it is worth getting used to him again. Thank you to all for your love and support during this time. I feel very blessed by my Heavenly Father as he has helped me through this trial.

3 comments:

Heather said...

yeah yeah yeah!!!!

Amy said...

How special that he is finally home! I'm so glad for you both and I hope life continues to go wonderfully for you guys!!

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

So wonderful to have your hubby back home. I can not wait for November to come for my hubby to here.