Sep 14, 2009

Sunday, August 2, 2009

This was our tube stop closest to our hotel. We became really familiar with this sign!

We felt like pros as we got up and got ready and hopped on the tube to find the ward building. Luckily for us, there was a family walking to church and we followed them after we got off the underground.
Bruce spotted the Vespa after getting out of our church meetings.

We headed across the street to the nature and science museum for the afternoon with the boys. We could have stayed all day. We barely scratched the surface of what was available to us. Unfortunately, the boys' attention span is not that long! Good thing the museum had a great little cafe.

This is Lincoln getting smart. He figured out how to push off the floor to move if we sat him down in the backpack. He has no idea how many times Bruce saved him from many contacts with the floor!

What train do we need to catch? And what stop do we need to get off at?

This is me and the boys at Buckingham Palace.
This is my son chasing pigeons while I see Buckingham Palace.
This is my other son feeding the pigeons while I see Buckingham Palace.
These are all my sons fascinated by the pigeons while I see Buckingham Palace.

Gates at Buckingham Palace

I'm at Buckingham Palace!

Walk through St. James Park after the Palace

Picnic dinner in Kennsington Gardens

We enjoyed a yummy picnic dinner in Kennsington Gardens together. Afterward we found the Princess Diana Memorial Playground just as it was closing, so to soothe the disappointed boys, we promised to return and promptly bought them ice cream! We know how to win their hearts!

The return walk from the Princess Diana Memorial Playground was long! Gideon and Allen ran ahead with me to another playground in Hyde Park. Bruce just let Lincoln stroll along, eating his ice cream, then going wherever he meandered. Isn't he cute? It is great to capture the perspective of a 2 year old every now and again.

The boys were troopers gallivanting all over London with us. A great reward for them is always a movie! Time for mom and dad to relax too. Traveling is a lot of work!

3 comments:

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

Looks like you guys had a fun trip. Travel can be very stressful, but in the end it is worth it.

Amy said...

Hey guys! It looks like you had so much fun in London! I love how your boys are more interested in pidgeons than in famous landmarks...lol. But that's what makes being a kid so fun. It's all the little things that are enjoyable. What a great little family trip. We miss you so much!!!! I really hope life is good for you all and I'm glad to see you're making the most of your time in Europe. Love you tons!!!

the Dancer said...

Wow! Millie! You are amazing, carrying Lincoln in the backpack...I can't even lift Jeffrey off the ground when he's in the pack.