Mar 1, 2011
Sledding, right in our own backyard!
One especially busy Saturday (ward pancake breakfast and games that Bruce and I were in charge of) we traded kids with another couple in our ward so we could attend the world wide leadership conference. We love the Pittmans! They have three girls, and all three give each of our boys a run for their money. They all play really well. So the 3 girls and their cousin converged on our home and played to their hearts contents. It was great! As a part of our fun, we blew up our tubes and had a last hurrah with the snow on the side of our home that had not melted. We donned our coats, hats, scrounged up some boots and gloves, and headed outside. My boys were pretty excited to show the girls our sledding hill. It had iced up since our last run, which made it pretty fast. We went from the top of the hill all the way down to the edge of the golf course. On my first run with one of the kids, I ended up with my feet flying over my head. I was grateful that the kiddo was safe....don't worry Liz, it was mine! All the girls piled on the tube together out of anxiety I think, and one always dragged her foot on the ground to slow the speed of the run. Girls are weird...and so different from boys! Bruce and I both love having them around. If we can't have our own, we don't mind borrowing for a little while! Notice, there aren't any pictures of my boys. They were having a bit to much fun with the camera, so I have a good number of face shots that Allen took of himself. Boys are weird!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love your blog header photo, and cute photos of sledding!
Post a Comment