Jul 26, 2011

Sea World, why not?

What is trip to California without going to Sea World?  We have been to San Diego 2 other times and had never been, so I thought, why not?  We convinced the kids that this would be the better option over Legoland.  I think the boys loved this adventure. 

Allen and Gideon observing the bees






Riding on the Atlantis ride did pose some problems with a little 4 year old I know.  Bruce took Allen and Gideon up first while I sat with Lincoln, then we switched.  Lincoln's cool dad let him play with the camera and take pictures of the aquarium while we were taking our ride.  After going twice, Gideon proclaimed that he was never going on that ride again.  It was scary. 









The boys were fascinated watching all the animals as they played.  The Beluga whales were a hit and the penguins were fun.  WE enjoyed the dolphin show, but were too high up to get any great pictures.  Because of the deprivation that Allen felt from this, he insisted on sitting in the splash zone for the killer whale show. 

If this isn't warning enough.....


WE all started sitting down there, but after the first splash, Lincoln was not a happy camper and insisted that we move.  These 2 were die hard.  I think this is the best memory Allen has of Sea World, followed by a close second of seeing us as a family on the screen as we stood up to be recognize as a military family. 



Bruce was such a great sport so that Allen wouldn't have to endure the cold wetness after getting wet.  There is definitely pleasure in having company in misery.  It took all the rest of the day to only dry off part of the way.  Did I mention that it was overcast and cold? 







After a long day all the boys fall asleep so quickly.  We have so many pictures of them zonked out after exciting days of sight seeing.  They still are as cute as ever. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

sea world how fun!!!! looks like some great times!