Oct 2, 2011

On the road




The very next morning I loaded the car with all our luggage and kids to head out to Utah for a week of wedding preparation and wedding events.  The five hour trip was uneventful other than the construction through the canyon.  The boys were angels for me and I was glad.  We arrived at my sister's in Draper and tried to get the bridal shower decorations done, but to no avail, the kids (my other sister's 3 kids too) just wanted to swim.  So we swam, then ate, then Melanie left.  After I put the kids to bed, Emilee and I worked on what we could.  The next day brought more of the same.  Emilee's kind roommate supervised the boys in another swimming trip while we prepared the food. 


It was a lot of work, but worth it for Madeline.  We had a Mexican style theme that was a lot of fun.  We ate lime rice and pulled pork complete It was also a food shower, which is a tradition in the Cooper family.   with non alcholic daiquiris. 

The soon to be newly weds were put on the hot seat and had to answer questions about each other.  When they got the answer wrong, they had to put in a piece of bubblicious in their mouth to chew.  Madeline had the fullest mouth.  I think Carlo won this time!



While to adults watched the game, the kids decorated aprons for Madeline and Carlo to remember this special day every time they cooked. 


I had to put one picture in with our pretty flowers made out of crepe paper.  They take longer to make than you think, but it was a labor of love. 

No comments: