Oct 2, 2011

Wedding Day




My family is so handsome, aren't they?  I love these candid shots while we waited for the bride and groom to come out of the temple.  They were so patient, being willing to get dolled up for the wedding, and heaven forbid, wear matching ties with all the other males in the family. 


The other big event surrounding the wedding, was meeting Spencer, Ashley's missionary.  She faithfully wrote him for 2 years, went down to his homecoming, and brought him back up to meet the family.  Family Wedding #2 within the year?  Time will tell. 


Gideon is never bored when he waits.  There is always something to do. 


The beautiful bride and the handsome groom


Kids will always find the nooks and crannies to fit into. 

All the nieces and nephews (minus Jonathon, who is there in spirit)

The Barnum Family


There is something wonderful about sisters. 

Parents of bride and groom

Males on the Melini side.  This one is for you Julie.



Madeline with the nieces and nephews above.  I think the male power is the winner.  We need a few more girls in the family to even it all out. 


I love this picture of Madeline kissing our Grandma Rosamond.  She designed the veil and my mother made it.  Isn't it gorgeous? 


***************

I was the photographer for the wedding and my sister Emilee took care of the reception, only we haven't exchanged pictures yet.  The reception was held at my parent's house in their backyard.  Our good neighbor Susanna also allowed her yard to be a part of the festivities.  It was gorgeous.  They did an excellent job and put in a lot of hard work.  Way to go Mom and Dad.  Decorating the car was fun too, although, I still think we were a little bit too nice.  It didn't take them very long to clean it all up.  Congratulations Madeline and Carlo.

1 comment:

Natalie Cannon said...

Loved the pictures of the wedding. Nice job and those are the cutest shoes ever that you were wearing. Love the updates. Whenever I feel overwhelmed with little boys I think of your awesome example. How did we end up with so many boys when we had all sisters? :)