Dec 17, 2011

Rifle Falls


The Parachute Branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (a.k.a. where we go to church) held the first annual family camp out the last weekend in August.  Bruce, as the EQ President helped to organize it (a.k.a. I did all the shopping, planning, and packing).  We drove up to Rifle Falls camp area and pitched our tent on our reserved site and since we where among the first there, went on an adventure with another family, the Tanners.  The walk to the falls is pleasant and fairly easy.  Once you get up there though, you can deviate and go exploring in the hidden caves.


The boys LOVED every minute of it!  They got to test their climbing skills and hid in small places I didn't know they would fit!  Of course, they got plenty dirty!


My last official skinny picture!


 Here we all are, inside one of the caves after squeezing through one of the entrances.  Thanks Colton for the picture!

 Look how buff he is (or isn't)!






Like I said, small spaces.  I think this is every boys dream playground.  Lots of dirt and a lot of hiding places.


This concludes the picture portion.  I was not so great once we got back to the campsite.  Must have been busy or something.  We enjoyed roasting our hot dogs, then meeting together as a branch at our tent site roasting marshmallows and swapping stories (UFOs, rebellious stories, etc).  It was great getting to know some of the people in the branch outside of a church setting.  Next morning, we ate a delicious breakfast provided by the branch. Then it was time to break camp and head to the reservoir.  We played in the water a little and the boys enjoyed going on a paddle boat ride thanks to the Tanners!  Great end of summer memory.  I look forward to the camp out next year!

No comments: