Dec 21, 2018

 Health histories Value… Eternal histories Value.
 Today, I read in the book about the value of an adopted child knowing a medical history. If not, it can be difficult for them, especially if medical complications arise in the future. It obviously states that many children will not be concerned about their health history. Still,  I ponder even more about the value of knowing your history… but perhaps more significantly than your health history is to know your eternal history.
 My personal health history: I didn’t find out until my late 20s that I was missing a kidney.  Apparently a congenital disorder, but completely irrelevant as I’m living life just fine. Knowing it, I guess I’m grateful that I’ve never drank alcohol, and I prefer to stay hydrated. Other parts of my health history that may be relevant: my mother died of cancer, my grandfather has had heart attacks. However, the only thing that changes in my life as a result of this knowledge is my determination to make every day valuable and enjoyable.  So, I suppose it has an impact on my choices, but in no way has added to or taken away from my personal value as a human being. But what has had a significant impact?
 My personal eternal history: before I was born on this earth, I lived in the presence of God in the form of a spirit awaiting my opportunity to join my spiritual brothers and sisters on this wonderful planet we call earth. Knowing that my loving Heavenly Father created this earthly opportunity for us to become like Him through gaining a physical body that will eventually be an eternal resurrected being, and to have the opportunity to choose good over evil as we grow and develop in order to ultimately develop charity. As I read this book about the value of an adopted child knowing their health history, I can’t help but be grateful for an even greater value: the value I receive from knowing my eternal history, and consequently the purpose of this life.  The former has an impact on my life. The latter has a very, very significant impact on my life!

Post-blog request: 
Please follow our page ("bookmark" it on your browser or subscribe via blogger to get email updates).  When you feel inclined to bless us with your story, your words of encouragement, or anything else good, please comment.  If our adventures may help you or someone you know, please share our blog with them.  We are also happily accepting donations.  To help us financially, we have the following options:
A. Venmo "Millie-Hoggan" or 
B. Mailed Check made out to "Hoggan Handfuls Adoption Benefit Account" and mailed to Alpine Bank (Mail to 82 Sipprelle Dr, Battlement Mesa, CO 81636) 
C. Walk-in cash donations at Alpine Banks in Colorado to the "Hoggan Handfuls Adoption Benefit Account".  
We understand you can only give so much financially each month to causes you support.  If you can’t help us now, but want to, we ask that you think of us and our mission the next time you can give financial support to someone.  
Regardless of how you participate in our efforts to raise our little tribe, we appreciate the prayers, the kind words, and uplifting stories shared by so many!  May your loving kindness come full circle in your life.  
With much love, 
The Hoggan's

No comments: